Unit 2 - PPD London Project
Individual Evaluative Report
Refelcting through the stages It has been a challenging experience inorder to achieve a productive and informative scavenger hunt game as a group and as a individual.
We have been given Camberwell SE5 as the area of research. we were not famillier to the area we decided whithin the group that it would be better if we visit the location and gather first hand information by taking photographs and get an ideal sence of the area before we start surfing on internet. This introduced us to new ideas on how to design the game. We then progressed this by distributing each site of interest to each member of the team.
I was particularly interested in focusing into museums within the area but after frequent research I found one place called the Salvation Army. Disappointingly the museum within the building was demolished but after interacting with one of the acquaintance that worked in there I gained few interesting information about the building it self which I thought it would be interesting to look into further more.
At this point we realised that we started to be less interactive and communication caused a lot of problems, some people felt isolated from the group and others felt like they were making more effort to organise the group and to construct the project.
We negotiated and unravelled this problem by giving everyone their own personal space on the board.
What I found effective in my group is that we all had equal say in manipulating the game and we tried to involved everyone’s initiatives so it would not be discriminating against anyone.
Having important meeting once a week gave us enough time to achieve our materials for our specific building but also gave us time to come up with new creative ideas, so being organised helped us in the long run. I also feel that during these meetings there was good communication between the team members this made the process easier and straightforward.
Unfortunately this was not met during few occasions where either people did not attend to the meeting or did not put thoughts into the game.
As an individual I think I was able to meet the groups demand. I did not hesitate to put forward ideas and expand on the initial ideas but also considering peoples opinion and getting them involved.
The construction and design of game was intended to functionalise in a way that it would be easy to carry by taking each piece of puzzle apart so it would involve all the members in the group and to get them engaged with the game but also the essentials things we included such as the map for each specialised to make the progress of getting to the next destination Which I was content about.
However, if I had to do this again I would want the group to concentrate more into the questions within the game to make them more enjoyable different from one another by giving the players more to do rather then just take pictures of the building. But this was really difficult to achieve, as Camberwell was not a pleasant with lack of venues and site of attractions. I think we put more time into designing the appearance of the game so it would be more appealing and functionalising in a way that it link to one another.
Bibliography
1.A history of the Birthplace Museum. Available: http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki/www_uki_ihc.nsf/vw-sublinks/3612D1A9F2A2080D8025704B003768CC?openDocument. Last accessed 20th october 2007.
2. south london gallery. Available: http://www.southlondongallery.org/. Last accessed 19th october 2007.
3 Giles Gilbert Scott. Available: http://www.designmuseum.org/design/giles-gilbert-scott. Last accessed 20th october 2007.
4. Tony willson . (). Building The University Of Humanity In Camberwell. Available: http://www.sacollectables.com/cmha/volume4/pages/camberwell.htm. Last accessed 20th october 2007.
5. JournEy planner. Available: http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2. Last accessed 10th november 2007
Pictures
http://www.wcgcamberwell.org.uk/images/camberwell_map_sm.gif
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Tower_salvation_army.jpg/120px-Tower_salvation_army.jpg&imgrefurl=http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Camberwell&h=82&w=120&sz=3&hl=en&start=15&um=1&tbnid=xZqC7t0wDkOVBM:&tbnh=60&tbnw=88&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsalvation%2Barmy.%2Bcamberwell%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX
Individual Evaluative Report
Refelcting through the stages It has been a challenging experience inorder to achieve a productive and informative scavenger hunt game as a group and as a individual.
We have been given Camberwell SE5 as the area of research. we were not famillier to the area we decided whithin the group that it would be better if we visit the location and gather first hand information by taking photographs and get an ideal sence of the area before we start surfing on internet. This introduced us to new ideas on how to design the game. We then progressed this by distributing each site of interest to each member of the team.
I was particularly interested in focusing into museums within the area but after frequent research I found one place called the Salvation Army. Disappointingly the museum within the building was demolished but after interacting with one of the acquaintance that worked in there I gained few interesting information about the building it self which I thought it would be interesting to look into further more.
At this point we realised that we started to be less interactive and communication caused a lot of problems, some people felt isolated from the group and others felt like they were making more effort to organise the group and to construct the project.
We negotiated and unravelled this problem by giving everyone their own personal space on the board.
What I found effective in my group is that we all had equal say in manipulating the game and we tried to involved everyone’s initiatives so it would not be discriminating against anyone.
Having important meeting once a week gave us enough time to achieve our materials for our specific building but also gave us time to come up with new creative ideas, so being organised helped us in the long run. I also feel that during these meetings there was good communication between the team members this made the process easier and straightforward.
Unfortunately this was not met during few occasions where either people did not attend to the meeting or did not put thoughts into the game.
As an individual I think I was able to meet the groups demand. I did not hesitate to put forward ideas and expand on the initial ideas but also considering peoples opinion and getting them involved.
The construction and design of game was intended to functionalise in a way that it would be easy to carry by taking each piece of puzzle apart so it would involve all the members in the group and to get them engaged with the game but also the essentials things we included such as the map for each specialised to make the progress of getting to the next destination Which I was content about.
However, if I had to do this again I would want the group to concentrate more into the questions within the game to make them more enjoyable different from one another by giving the players more to do rather then just take pictures of the building. But this was really difficult to achieve, as Camberwell was not a pleasant with lack of venues and site of attractions. I think we put more time into designing the appearance of the game so it would be more appealing and functionalising in a way that it link to one another.
Bibliography
1.A history of the Birthplace Museum. Available: http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki/www_uki_ihc.nsf/vw-sublinks/3612D1A9F2A2080D8025704B003768CC?openDocument. Last accessed 20th october 2007.
2. south london gallery. Available: http://www.southlondongallery.org/. Last accessed 19th october 2007.
3 Giles Gilbert Scott. Available: http://www.designmuseum.org/design/giles-gilbert-scott. Last accessed 20th october 2007.
4. Tony willson . (). Building The University Of Humanity In Camberwell. Available: http://www.sacollectables.com/cmha/volume4/pages/camberwell.htm. Last accessed 20th october 2007.
5. JournEy planner. Available: http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2. Last accessed 10th november 2007
Pictures
http://www.wcgcamberwell.org.uk/images/camberwell_map_sm.gif
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Tower_salvation_army.jpg/120px-Tower_salvation_army.jpg&imgrefurl=http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Camberwell&h=82&w=120&sz=3&hl=en&start=15&um=1&tbnid=xZqC7t0wDkOVBM:&tbnh=60&tbnw=88&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsalvation%2Barmy.%2Bcamberwell%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX
No comments:
Post a Comment